Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Question Game

What do you do when people say "follow your heart; do something you love" but the one thing you thought you loved for the past 5 or 6 years you recently discovered you don't love anymore. What makes you happy? blah blah blah. So I'm on the path to self discovery and I've found that in order to find yourself you kind of need to have some insight into yourself (which I have none of) so I found this list of questions and I'm going to answer them all for you. In case you were curious. kcooool.

So this is from a website called career center. It's obviously then about picking a career, not a major, which is what I need, but I figure, it's somewhere to start right?

1) What are my priorities when picking a career? Happiness- I want to be happy in whatever job I do. Also money- yeah, it sounds stuck up. I was spoiled as a kid; I want to spoil my kids.
2) What are my interests? Well, I like soccer, athletics, kids, making other people happy, baking, singing, dancing, laughing
3) Do I have dreams and ambitions? No...? To get married, have a family, be able to spoil them, make them happy, have a job-be successful in that job, love my family with all my heart
4) What are my inborn talents? Good question... um. I can read? does that count? No...I guess I have a pretty good voice... I'm good at knowing absolutely nothing about myself, assuming responsibility over a group (like group projects, etc. etc.)
5) What are my skills? I am good at soccer, sleeping, or staying up till 3 am...
6) Am I willing to pay for the price for a particular job when picking a career? What does that even mean? I suppose it depends on the price 
7) What are my likes and dislikes? I don't know, I'm an 18 year old girl, the things I like are clothes and kittens and puppies and boys and shoes and my family and friends.
8) How much do I need to earn? Enough to spoil my family
9) Where do I want to live? California
10) What lifestyle do I want? A comfortable, laid back but not like hippie/druggie/don't have a care in the world laid back, just normal, like I was raised.
11) What motivates me? My boyfriend, as stupid as that sounds but he is one of the only people that actually motivates me, my dad, I just want to make him happy, specific things, like I want to earn my playing time for soccer and play in every game (which I did, wooo!)
12) What is my long-term plan in picking a career? Find something somewhere in the world that I love.
13) Why do I need a career change at this point in my life? Because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with my life...
14) What has sparked my interest in this field? WHAT FIELD?!?!?!?! I haven't said a field yet....
15) Could I do volunteer work in this area to test-drive the potential career?  I could... If I had a particular field that I knew I was talking about
16) Will I need to further my education to do this work? Good question, again, still have no clue what this work even is yet
17) Am I willing to start at the bottom and work my way up? Probably should be, working on being able to say yes to this one
18) How much job security do I need to make the switch? I wanna know that I'm not gonna lose my job for quite awhile so I can have a steady and successful job to support my family.
19) Do I have a support system to deal with the risk and changes this will create in my life? My family, my best friend, my boyfriend, so yes. 
20) How much longer do I want to be in the workforce? Probably for a very long time, at least to retirement I'm sure, I think I would be way too bored with my life if I didn't keep working. 
So here's the thing. I did all this right? I'm not really sure it has helped me at all, but hey, now you know some fun facts about me, I play soccer, I want a family, that's all the insight I've had into myself for a long long time. Hopefully something good will come out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment