Monday, November 24, 2014

anterior cruciate ligament

So for those of you that don't know. I tore my anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) last Friday in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament. We played Augustana. Although not being able to finish that game was terrible, I knew my team would finish it for us and get the win [and we did!]. We moved on to play Central Missouri. Snow covered the field as the opening whistle blew. Unfortunately, we were unsuccessful that game and thus, our season ended.

I had an amazing season. Not to say that I played amazing every game, but it was a great soccer season to be on the UCO Women's Soccer team. I love those girls with all my heart.



I already wish I was back. The second I tore it, I wanted to get up and keep playing. I think that's going to be the hardest part of this journey. Not the recovery itself (not that I'm saying that will be easy) but being able to keep my passion for soccer alive and not give up on getting back to the game. I know that every day that passes, I will continue to long to run and play but I won't be able to. I have to understand that my body won't as easily be able to do what it used to right away. The mental part of recovery is going to be tough. But lucky for me I have a whole team by my side.

 me tearing ACL:



Surgery is today. Actually, in less than 3 hours. I'm not nervous yet. Actually, I'm quite excited. Not for them to cut my leg open, but because once I have surgery, all I can do is get better and start recovering. Which is all I want to do. All I want is to be better. So off to surgery I go! Wish me luck! ☺

And here are some season pictures! (If you need a laugh, look at my face & triple chin)













No comments:

Post a Comment