Friday, May 15, 2015

From Adelphean to Alpha Delta Pi

164 years ago, six women decided that today was the day, the day to change the world and the day to change women's lives everywhere. These six women began a new tradition, they created the first secret society for women that is now the first sorority of twenty-six Panhellenic groups and an endless number of similar organizations. I am so thankful for these six founders and the creation of The Adelphean Society, now today Alpha Delta Pi.

Alpha Delta Pi has changed my life. It has shaped me in ways I could have never imagined. Because of Alpha Delta Pi, I have performed in front of thousands of people. I have developed an immense amount of leadership. I have met sisters and best friends. Because of Alpha Delta Pi I have been changed for good.

So here's to the women who have created a future for myself and so many others.






No comments:

Post a Comment